Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goals for 2010 - Update #3

So, I wanted to update my 2010 [and beyond] goals...this will be the last update for this list. I wasn't successfully in everything, but did accomplish a lot. Here is my list again with my comments in red (or where I've blogged about it the link is blue):

  • Read through the whole Bible
  • Get certified to foster again - we are working on this now, but it is on the back burner again while we are trying to sell our house
  • Begin the adoption process
  • Print black and white photos and get them framed for my b&w project - this is on hold until we sell our house (it's not wise to put more holes in the wall to hang pictures when we'll just have to take them down before we put the house on the market).
  • Eat something I’ve never tried before - COMPLETED - Quinoa
  • Build a snowman - COMPLETED on 2/12 [my birthday] when it snowed about an inch at our house
  • Go visit Angie in Denver - this is scheduled for the end of January 2011!
  • Go out west with David and Brad - COMPLETED - May/June 2010
  • Learn how to oil paint
  • See the Grand Canyon - COMPLETED - May/June 2010!
  • Volunteer somewhere
  • Go to Disney - COMPLETED - December 2010
  • Christmas carol at nursing homes on Christmas Eve - COMPLETED - December 2010
  • Get better at photography
  • Work on our photography website
  • Buy an antique
  • Paint our whole house (inside) - COMPLETED - Fall 2010
  • Go see Samford (basketball) play an away game - COMPLETED 2/27/10 we played Appalachian State in Boone, NC...and saw TONS of snow at the same time
  • Plant a garden - COMPLETED - Summer 2010
  • Do some canning with the vegetables grown in my garden
  • Be successful with a compost pile
  • Send thank you notes for things I wouldn’t normally send them for - worked on this in 2010
  • Get better at sewing - I sewed more in 2010, not sure I'm actually better
  • Keep my car clean - so maybe this isn't possible, I might just remove this from the list
  • Make my own laundry detergentCOMPLETED 1/9/2010
  • Make my own dish washing detergent – COMPLETED 1/4/2010
  • Make a piece of jewelry
  • Lose 25 pounds
  • Spend Thanksgiving camping somewhere - COMPLETED - November 2010, Pine Mntn, GA
  • Drive to NC to cut down our Christmas tree - COMPLETED - December 2010
  • Camp at Oak Mountain - COMPLETED 2/19 to 2/21, and July 2010
  • Learn to speak Spanish
  • Buy an old/ugly piece of furniture and refinish it
  • Eat more fruit and vegetables
  • Cook at home 5 nights a week
  • Go see Samford’s football team play FSU at FSU (fall 2010) - COMPLETED - Fall 2010
  • Get our house ready to sell - it's on the market as of October 2010
  • Move out into the country
  • Write a letter to our 3 Compassion kids quarterly - only did this once in 2010 :(
  • Get some chickens (once we move to the country) for fresh eggs
  • Create a blog to sell the things I make
  • Knit a scarf (and actually finish it)
  • Give handmade Christmas presents - I did this (crayon rolls and dish mats)
  • Make some more bird houses

No comments: