Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another Paper DIY (and Happy Birthday) Garland

I made this Christmas garland a few months ago.  I loved it so much that I decided to make another one for a recent photoshoot we did.


Cute, huh?

Oh, and the garland is cute, too, right?  :)  I used my circle punch to cut out circles out of several colors of card stock.  Then I printed out a font I liked to spell out Happy Birthday, then cut those letters out and traced them onto the card stock and cut out Happy Birthday in the colored paper.  I sewed the circles together just like I did the Christmas garland.   For the Happy Birthday I sewed the letters together - pretty close to the top of each letter that way they would have more paper on the bottom of the sewed line, otherwise I was worried they may flip over.   I then strung all three garlands between the backdrop towers.

No comments: