Friday, April 16, 2010

Update on fostering

You may remember when I posted this in September. Several people have asked lately what the status is....and I wanted to give y'all an update.

I made initial contacts with DHR and finally (after way too many months) got the information that we needed. We've nearly completed the application, but haven't yet turned it into DHR. The problem is that we are planning to put our house on the market. Soon. We don't feel that it's right (to us or to a foster child) to bring them into our home only to uproot them (again) and move them to a different home and school (and who knows if we could even move a child from one county to the other - if we don't end up staying in our current county?). So....until we sell our house and buy another one the foster care thing is on the back burner.

This makes me kind of sad, but I know it's for the best and I am ok with that.

Realistically we're still a few months out before we can get the house on the market. But once we are settled we'll pick it back up and hopefully be licensed within a month or so. Since we've already completed the 40 hour training all we have to do is have a couple home studies and submit the application paperwork. I am looking forward to that happening, even if it's not going to be in the immediate future.

1 comment:

al said...

thanks for the update! Keep us followers posted... and by the way, I know a fantastic real estate agent!