Monday, August 3, 2009

Belly Button

A couple of weeks ago David was looking at his belly button when asked me what it was for. I explained that when he was in my tummy a tube went to his belly button and that is how he ate. (Don't you like my terminology?) I continued to explain that as soon as he was born the doctor removed the tube and he started eating with his mouth. He thought it was silly, but moved on to something else - like probably playing with Match Box cars. So that was the end of that conversation.

So...tonight he was looking at his belly button and I asked him if he remembered what it was for. He said when he was in my tummy - it's how he ate. Then he looked closely at his belly button and seemed puzzled. He asked "Where are it's teeth?"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Lol - too cute!! I love it when they process something later on...it always makes it so interesting!