Monday, April 6, 2009

Last freeze?

It's a good thing I didn't get to plant any veggies in my garden this weekend (when it was sunny and warm) because right now I am sitting in the lazy boy (watching Michigan State get thier butt kicked by UNC) with my toes being warmed by a raging fire in the fire place. It's in the 30's now. They (I'm not really sure who 'they' is) say that you should never plant anything in your garden until the middle of April or around Easter because there is typically one last freeze of the year. We'll - we've getting it today and tomorrow....I guess that means my garden will be ready to plant in this coming weekend (which just so happens to be Easter weekend). I need to have a load of good soil delivered before anything can be planted and my dad is coming over for Easter this weekend, so it will probably be 2-3 weeks before anything gets actually put into the ground. By then hopefully my seedlings will be ready.

No comments: