Sunday, October 19, 2008

Race for the Cure - October 11, 2008


Last weekend I did the Race for the Cure in downtown. I started training for it late this summer because I wanted to run the whole 5k without walking. I have done a bunch of 5k's and 10k's, but have never been able to run the entire thing - I have zero endurance. About 9 weeks into my training program I got really tired of running and got off schedule. I never fully got up to 3 miles....so I wasn't prepared to run the entire thing - but I was close. I am a very SLOW runner to start with (11:30 minute miles) but only walked for a total of about 5 minutes. My time was 37:30 - 5 minutes faster than my best time. Now I know what time to beat for next years Race!

3 comments:

al said...

great job!!! stick with it and you'll be a 30 minute 5ker in no time!!!

Rachel said...

Congrats! That's REALLY awesome. I had high hopes of running a 5K a few years ago, but two foot surgeries later, I have a good excuse not to run anymore, and I like biking better anyway.
Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Hi! I'm Katherine, and we visited at Sophie's the other night (mostly in the driveway). I'm a friend of Jason Wallis', and I just saw your link to him. Small world! He has photographed us for several years ... we love him!