Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Garden and first harvest

So the garden is doing good, especially with the large amounts of rain we've had this summer. Last year it was the worst drought in a long time and this year the rain has been pretty steady. Here is a picture of our first harvest - 6 strawberries! David enjoys looking for strawberries almost every night...even though he won't eat them.
I think this is my jalapeno pepper plant (either that or a green pepper):
And while you don't eat lavender (at least I don't think you do) I wanted to post this picture since it does qualify as a part of my garden. If anyone has any idea what to do with lavender let me know. Right now I'm just cutting it and putting it in vases in my house - which is fine and smells lovely, but I'd love to find something else to do with it.

No comments: