Sunday, January 23, 2011

I've been creating

I am really good at picking up one project and starting it, getting half way done, then getting tired of it and putting it down. Often times I don't finish it (well, most of the time I don't finish it). I don't even know how many quilts I've started over the years and never finished. Maybe it's a little bit of ADD. Not sure. But anyhow, I've always wanted to make a scarf. Easy enough, right? I consider myself fairly creative and can usually figure out something I want to learn on my own....with a little YouTube tutorial helps. I do wish I could knit, but that's too hard....I get frustrated when I drop a stitch and the only way I can figure out how to fix it is to pull it out and start all over. And THAT'S no fun. I never really liked the way crocheted scarfs look - until a friend made me one and I loved it.


So...I decided to make my mom a scarf for her birthday next week. (Don't worry, she never ever reads my blog). The best part of this project is that I FINISHED IT. For real. My first one ever. And it only took me 2.5 days of crocheting - I did it on my lunch break, in the orthodontists office and at home at night. I'm so proud of it - and I want to show y'all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Ain't she pretty?

2 comments:

Capable Girl said...

B, it's GORGEOUS! I'm so impressed!! I have that nasty little habit of doing and quitting, so I am double impressed. Now, if I could just muster up the energy to finish that quilt I started...

Katie said...

SO cute! She'll love it!