Friday, August 13, 2010

SUCCESS

This is how the first day of Kindergarten started.
I gave David his own alarm clock and it went off for a good 10 minutes before he turned it off...he is definitely my child!

We had his clothes laid out the night before (yes, on Radar's dog cage) so he'd be able to get himself ready. He insisted on wearing his Chelsea All-Stars baseball jersey.
I woke up early to make some banana walnut muffins for us all to eat together - this is approximately the first time our family has eaten breakfast together on a week day. David announced he didn't like them. Dang! I could have slept another 45 minutes. But it was fine, I enjoyed doing it and even if he didn't like them we still all ate together.

He let me take his picture before I left for work.
Brad took him to school and it was a success!! He didn't cry at all. In fact, he asked why all the "old people" were crying and wondered if someone had died. No, no one had died....it was all the mama's crying as they left their kids.

It was also a success for me because I only teared up twice yesterday....and not even once today.

David jumped out of the truck and ran into school. He didn't look back. Brad called me on his way to work and report on the details of the drop off and it literally made my heart happy to hear that he did so well. I didn't expect anything different (being that he's used to going to school/camp/daycare), but I was still so happy to hear it.

I picked him up at the Y and we had about 10 minutes at home to talk about the day before we had to leave for his 2 hour football practice. Yesterday was a LONG day, but he handled it really well. I'm so proud of my big boy.

Today, being the Friday before his first football scrimmage, the boys were told they could wear their football jerseys to school. He did and he was very proud to wear it.
He was excited to tell us that several of his teammates wore their jerseys too. He's very proud to be a Chelsea Hornet.
He loves his teacher and has already made some friends. So far Kindergarten is a success.

No comments: