Thursday, June 10, 2010

Durango to Aspen

On Tuesday, we left Durango and drove to Apsen. Our tour guide on the Jeep Tour told us about a forest road called Lime Creek that was between Durango and Silverton (which luckily was the direction we had to go). We found the route and took it.

A-MAZE-ING.

This is probably one of my favorite parts of our entire trip and it didn't cost a penny.


We drove a while before we came to this lake in the middle of the mountains. There were hundreds of lily pads. Right as I was thinking this would be a great place to camp we noticed a camper on the side of the road. Way cool.

At times the road got steep and narrow. See? Oh, and that's our fabulous rental truck. 4x4. Thankfully - since we needed it a time or two on this forest road.
Once we made it through the mountain pass we came to this awesome river. There were primitive camping spots literally 20 feet from the river. We walked out to it and threw a bunch of rocks. We always have a contest to see who can throw their rocks the farthest. I'm pretty sure I've never won that contest.

If we lived in this part of Colorado I'm pretty sure we'd spend every possible minute driving down roads like this and finding places to camp. This may be my favorite picture of the whole trip (of course except the ultra cute ones of David).

I wanna go back.....

No comments: