Sunday, April 25, 2010

A New Life

I went to a dear friend's home last week to meet her daughter, Rebekah (who was 4 days old at my visit). Erin is one of my favorite people. She and I met at our first job out of college and were fast friends. She lived with us for a short time and during that time we became very close. We had lots of great talks and laughs and cries too. I never had a roommate in college....so she became that roommate to me (even though Brad and I were already married)....that may seem kind of odd...but it wasn't - at all. We carpooled together, ate peppermint ice cream together, played with our puppies together (Beignet and Lucy were sweet friends), cooked together, and watched the Olympics together.

Even though I don't see her or even talk to her all that often, the moment we see each other it's like old times. Those kind of friends are just so wonderful to have.

I didn't get any pictures of Erin during my visit...the pretty lady below is her mom.
There wasn't enough light inside (where the remainder pictures were taken)...boooo! I'm still learning about the capabilities of our camera....and clearly have a lot to learn.
Rebekah is beautiful (just like her mama). She is PRECIOUS. I cried when I first held her. There's nothing else in the world like the promise of a new precious life.

2 comments:

al said...

awesome! congratulations to Erin!!

E. Hamby said...

I dont know that I am beautiful, but I do agree with the special friendship we have. Thanks Bethany, I love you!