Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ready for Spring

Last spring my garden started out really well.  

I grew many of my plants from seedlings and then transplanted them.  David helped plant them (please notice his tongue - when he concentrates he sticks his tongue out - no matter if it's on the basketball court, while doing homework, while playing a video game, or while helping me plant my seedlings...he's just like his daddy).  

Back to the plants.....I watered them.....I fertilized them (once).  


Then I got busy.

And my garden sucked.  There were too many weeds.  Not enough watering.  And therefore - not enough produce.

I got a few tomatoes, peppers and green beans.  That's about it.

The one shining beacon in my yard is my blueberry bushes...they produced a bunch.  Awesomesauce.

This year WILL BE DIFFERENT.  I'm going to plant just a few things and really focus on them.

Here's what I'm thinking:

- tomatoes
- peppers
- squash
- zucchini
- cilantro
- parsley
- basil

Totally doable, right?

No comments: