Monday, February 13, 2012

DIY Camera Purse

Lately, I have been drooling over all of these lovely camera bag/purses I've been seeing online.  I hate carrying our gigantic LowePro backpack when I just need a camera body and a lens or two.  Plus the backpack fully loaded weighs a LOT.   The only problem with these cute little purses is that they cost $185 and up.  

So, I did what any normal person would do and I looked on Pinterest for a do-it-yourself option....and I found this tutorial.  I didn't feel the need to reinvent the wheel (or tutorial in this case - this post is just showing my bag - if you want step by step instructions click on the "this tutorial" link above).

I spent a week looking for a purse and finally found one.  It's bright orange, which I love.  It's good quality soft leather and I got it from Steinmart for $35.  Original price was about $90 - so I'd call that a deal.  


I went to Hancock Fabric and bought some 1 inch and 1/2 inch foam.  The brown and white fabric I already had on hand.

Then I sewed a long pillow case, cut the foam and made a box with a bottom and a divider to separate my camera and lens.


Here is the finished product.  It's perfect to carry one camera body and one lens with some other smaller items.  If I ever need more than that I'll still have to carry the gigantic back pack, but for most of the day to day picture taking this purse/camera back is perfect.  



2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE!

Terresa said...

Love how your insert turned out! I looked for the tutorial link but it's not working?