Monday, December 20, 2010

Wreath, tree and Alfie

This is our gorgeous front door wreath. I've never had a real wreath before so when I saw this one in Boone I had to get it. I thought about putting some decorations on it - bows or balls, but decided that it's perfect just plain.

I love our tree.


Meet Alfie.

Alfie was my elf when I was growing up. I was the only kid in my neighborhood and at school to have an elf....that made me REALLY cool in elementary school. I love that I still have him for David....he's way better to than any old Elf on the Shelf that you can buy these days. Oh, and I didn't name him Alfie - David did. We hide Alfie every night and David finds him in the morning. And since he's been on Christmas break we've played "hide the elf" over and over and over again at night. It's been fun. I love that one of my favorite childhood Christmas memories is being passed down to David.

No comments: