Thursday, October 28, 2010

Operation Beautiful

For the past few years I've been following the blog of Caitlin Boyle of Healthy Tipping Point. She introduced me (along with a million other readers) to green monster smoothies. She's an avid runner. She's a vegetarian. And she wrote a book and is the creator of the website Operation Beautiful. While I am none of those things (avid runner, vegetarian or author) I really enjoy reading her blog.

According to her website, the mission of Operation Beautiful is this:

"....to post anonymous notes in public places for other women to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. You are enough... just the way you are!"

Caitlin encourages people to post encouraging notes to random strangers. Many of the notes are written on Post-It notes and stuck on bathroom mirrors, on lockers, at the gym, inside diet books among other places. Yet this past weekend, while driving to downtown Birmingham, we saw this:

I told Brad that I was sure it was spawned from the Operation Beautiful movement. Then I saw an article on www.al.com about it and they are thinking the same thing.

I know some people are irritated that it's graffiti...and I certainly don't promote graffiti, however, this sure is the best graffiti I've ever seen. I really hope they don't ever remove it.

No comments: