Saturday, October 9, 2010

Old Baker Farm

Fall is my favorite time of year. What is better than cooler weather, changing leaves, football - college and pee-wee, the smells of fall and pumpkins? Nothing. I certainly love Christmas time, but nothing trumps fall.

This year David is going to get to go to not one or two, but three pumpkin patches. One with school, one with the YMCA (next Monday when school is out) and one with our family and my friend, Cara. I wish I was a kid and could go to all three with him.

But I will get to to go two! Starting with yesterday....I took the morning off and went with him to Old Baker Farm Pumpkin Patch - this was his first kindergarten field trip.

We had a lot of fun. We did a hayride, picked pumpkins,

(this is David's teacher, Mrs. Crawford)
learned about cotton and picked cotton,

played on hay bales, fed baby cows, ate lunch in the barn loft while sitting on hay bales and played in the hay maze.

All of these activities kept about 120 kindergarteners busy for 3.5 hours.

There was a corn maze, but the kids didn't get to do this. Probably because they could escape from the corn maze....the hay maze there was only one way in and one way out.

It was a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back next year.

No comments: