Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Heaven

David is learning this verse:

You made the world and everything in it. Psalm 89:11

He's doing a good job with it and on the way home tonight I asked him "Who made the world?"

His reply was God and Jesus (not just God). Then he continues by saying that God and Jesus are his best friends. He tells me that they made the world, the stars, the darkness, the sun, the water and Heaven. Then he asked me if he can go to Heaven so he can see God and Jesus. I wasn't really sure what to say....but I said "If you accept Jesus into your heart you will go to Heaven when you die".

When he hears the word death or dying he gets very concerned and inquisitive...I'm not sure he really understands it. So I told him again that one day, if we accept Jesus, we'll go to Heaven....but until then we'll live here on earth.

He thought about it and seemed okay with my response, then said: "Do they sell dirt bikes in Heaven? Can we go there next week?"

I think he still has some more learning to do about Heaven!

1 comment:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Cute. Thanks for saying hi yesterday at church. We're still feeling very overwhelmed there, so it's always nice to see a familiar face. :-)