Thursday, October 30, 2008

Durhamtown

A few weekends ago we went back to Durhamtown with Brad's brother and his family. The first time we went was back in the spring...I'm fairly certain we'll make this a bi-annual trip. It's so much fun being in the woods, hanging out with family and having no schedule.

We spent a LOT of time at the pee wee track with David and took a bunch of rides on the other trails. Unfortunately, I got us deep into a trail with me on my dirt bike and Brad following with David in the cart that way WAY too muddy for a dirt bike. It was challenging and the place of my first crash (directly into a pine tree)...but our friend, Joe, said I handled the mud well since it was my very first time really riding my bike. :) I was pretty sore for a week after we got back from that ride alone.

Leslee, Heather and I went for a guided night ride. It was great - we went on trails that are typically closed to the public....there were lots of hill climbs and freaky/scary places to some of these trails. It was my first time really riding the 4-wheeler and with the exception of it stalling the entire way down a VERY steep hill - it was great. It's definitely on the schedule for our trip to DT in the spring.

David had a little crash too. His training wheel got caught in a whole and it kind of flipped his dirt bike over. He cried for a few minutes but got back on and rode it out of the woods. He's a little trooper and knows he was safe because he had on all of his safety gear.

Pa wasn't able to go with us on this trip - he had a wreck on his street bike the week before and he thought he broke a rib....riding in the woods with a broken rib is no fun....so he stayed home. Hopefully in the spring he can join us again.

Below are just a ton of pictures from the trip with some explanation of them.

David on the pee wee track - he was catching some air -
This was the next day after it had rained for about 8 hours. He loved the mud -
Savannah, me and Leslee after our girls only ride -
Typical -
Brad -
This is me on my first mx track -
David watching Brad come down from Monster Mountain -
Playing with trucks. This is what he did if he wasn't on the dirt bike, in the cart or playing with Z. (his new friend) -
Our cabin the quadplex...we were on the left side, R&L on the right and two other friends families were on the backside of this cabin -
David and his buddy Z. They were playing Monster Jam with their bicycles -
The mud ride (Brad and I took a nap while these crazy folks went out in the rain for a ride) -
Girls ride only (plus Joe). Check out Denise's hot pink cart - LOVE IT -
Radar...the newest member of the family. He hung out on the porch most of the time...he was a great dog this weekend...everyone fell in love with him -
Rich on the big mx track - Brad on the mx track -Leslee on the mx track -
Rich and Brad -
Cleaning up. David cleaned his own bike and did a pretty good job at it -We had a GREAT time and can't wait to go back.

No comments: